In the summer we like to take full advantage of summer’s bountiful produce by making this Summer Corn Salad on repeat, pairing it with our Napa Valley Chardonnay. We hope that you will find a bit of inspiration with this recipe, and that you enjoy it as much as we did.
- 6 ears of corn
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 8oz mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp shallot
- 1 tsp Dijon
- pinch of salt and pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot and then add the corn. Cook for 3-5 minutes then place the corn in a bowl of iced water to cool quickly.
2. After cooling, shave the kernels off the cob with a knife and set aside.
3. Slice the heirloom tomatoes into ¼ inch slabs.
4. Slice the mozzarella into 1/8 inch slabs.
5. Layer the tomato, corn kernels, and mozzarella on a serving plate, much like a Big Mac – just healthier.
6. In a small bowl, add the rice wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, dijon, salt and pepper. Stir vigorously until combined.
7. Drizzle the dressing over the salad & serve.
8. Enjoy your fresh summer salad with a glass of Hibou Chardonnay.